The sixth annual Strengthening the Roots Conference will take place February 22-24, 2013 at UC Santa Cruz, with a special winter forum and speaker panel on Saturday, February 23 from 7-10 pm.
Online registration for the conference is available here.
Online registration for the Saturday speaker panel is available here.
Join us for a weekend-long student-organized event that brings together students, community members, seed savers, gardeners, farmers, and food justice activists to share skills and resources while building face to face relationships with one another.
The summit will:
- Connect participant stakeholders with community based initiatives to help build a resilient and bioregional food system.
- Ground participants with the story of seeds and how they are at the crux of cultivating a sustainable agricultural system.
- Be interactive and fun, thereby acknowledging all participants as teachers and learners.
A complete schedule of events is coming soon…. you can “Attend” our Facebook event to stay updated on convergence programming.
- Speaker Panel on Saturday, February 23 from 7-10pm
- Seed and Culture Exchange - Saturday, February 23 from 5-6:45 pm
- A series of interactive workshops in seed saving/stewardship, creating local seed library and cooperative networks, creating and managing student-gardens/farms, building beginner farmer programs, and developing fair trade systems.
- Open spaces for dialogue allowing for participants to actively facilitate discussions and take action on meaningful topics.
For more information and general inquiries please email the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org